Weight Gain Mix | Age group - 8 months plus.
One of the most common problem of all mothers is ‘weight gain’ of their little ones. And to answer this concern KinderCanteen has brought traditionally proven weight gaining benefits of Ragi, Soya, Black udat dal, Barley, rolled oats and dry fruits. Mixed in a specific ratio to improve the weight of a baby, which is also attested by the test at NABL accredited lab conducted by KinderCanteen.
Making it at home is a little tedious task but in the end its all worth it.
Below is the recipe to prepare 600 gms of ‘Weight Gain Mix’.
- 1. Whole back urad dal - 75 gms
- 2. Barley - 75 gms
- 3. Rolled oats - 75 gms
- 4. Finger millet - 250 gms
- 5. Raw Soybeans - 100 gms
- 6. Sesame (white) - 40 gms
- 7. Cashew - 2 to 3 pieces
- 8. Walnuts - 3 to 4 pieces
- 9. Pista (unsalted) – 2 to 3 pieces
- 10. Cardamon - 2 to 3 pieces
- 11. Fennel seeds - 10 gms
- 12. Carrom seeds - 5 gms
You would need a Dehydrating machine to dehydrate (drying the moisture) ingredients. We do not prefer sun drying as sun drying kills 50% of the nutrition value and changes taste. Dust can also sit on the grains if they are kept out for sun drying. If you do not have a dehydrating machine you can get it from online stores like amazon.
Method to prepare the mix:
- 1. Throughly wash black urad dal, soya, finger millet, and soak them separately over night.
- 2. Next morning, wash barley.
- 3. Put all the Ingredients in dehydrator for about 4 to 5 hours at 55ºC.
- 4. Dry roast all the ingredients separately in a pan (do not mix the ingredients and roast, as the roasting temperature of all the ingredients are different).
- 5. Let it come down to room temperature.
- 6. Grind the mixture into a fine powder using a grinder.
- 7. Sieve the coarse particles to get a fine powder.
- Store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. It can be stored at room temperature for even upto 4 months, if followed the directions correctly.
- 1. Add 3 tablespoon of the mixture to a pan. Add 2 cups of water and boil it.
- 2. Mix it till there are no lumps. Let it boil till you get the desired consistency.
- 3. Vegetable purees or fruit purees must be added for taste enhancement.
- 4. Serve it lukewarm.
- 5. Use the mixture within 30 mins of preparation.
4 day rule :
If this is the 1st time you are serving this dish or introducing any other dish to your baby, then give it continuously for at least 4 days. Even if the baby pukes or gets loose motions for a couple of days. It is believed that babies take around 4 days to adjust with any new ingredient.If this is the 1st time you are serving this dish or introducing any other dish to your baby, then give it continuously for at least 4 days. Even if the baby pukes or gets loose motions for a couple of days. It is believed that babies take around 4 days to adjust with any new ingredient.
Choosing quality ingredients and cooking meals for your baby can be a daunting task specially for a new mother. But don’t let that come in between your child’s health. You may also click below and order from us. We get organic quality ingredients straight from farmers and cook in our studio kitchen, not in factories. We hate adding any artificial flavour, salt, sugar or preservatives. Just like how you would give it to your child.BUY Weight Gain Mix