Sprouted Ragi Moong | Age group - 6 months plus.
There is a reason why Ragi or Nachni is called a wonder grain. It is high source of good carbohydrates and since it is too tiny to be polished or processed it is mostly consumed in the purest form.
In India, before1950s, we use to sprout ragi which tend to increase its Vitamin C levels. And consume it with sprouted moong will increase the benefits for babies by many folds.
But today, since it’s tough to sprout Ragi as it takes time and patience, we have replaced it with rice, dal and wheat.
We bring back the long forgotten benefits of Sprouted Ragi and Moong back to your babies so that they can enjoy the taste of Nature.
Below is the recipe to prepare around 250 gms of Sprouted Moong Ragi.
- 1. 80 gms green whole moong bean
- 2. 80 gms ragi(finger millet)
- 3. 80 gms brown rice
- 4. 4 cashew
- 5. 4 almonds
- 6. 4 cardamom
- 7. 1/4th teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8. 1/4th teaspoon carrom seeds
- 9. 1/4th teaspoon of fennel seeds.
You would need a Dehydrating machine to dehydrate (drying the moisture) ingredients. We do not prefer sun drying as sun drying kills 50% of the nutrition value and changes taste. Dust can also sit on the grains if they are kept out for sun drying. If you do not have a dehydrating machine you can get it from online stores like amazon.
Method to prepare the mix:
- 1. Wash ragi and Green moong separately.
- 2. Soak ragi and green moong overnight.
- 3. Drain out all water from ragi and green moong.
- 4. Tie it in a clean cloth to sprout it.
- 5. If you want big sprout leave it overnight.
- 6. Wash brown rice and soak it for about an hour.
- 7. Put all the Ingredients separately into dehydrating machine for about 3 to 4 hours.
- 8. Dry roast each Ingredient separately(do not mix the Ingredients and roast, as all the roasting temperature of the Ingredients are different from one another)
- 9. You may dry roast cumin, fennel, carrom, cashew, almond, cardamom together.
- 10. Mix all the Ingredients and let them cool and come down to room temperature.
- 11. Grind it into fine powder.
- 12. Sieve the coarse particles to get a fine powder.
- 13. Store in airtight container in cool and dry place.
- 14. It can be stored at room temperature for 6 months if followed the directions correctly.
- 1. Add a pinch of ghee to non stick pan (optional - add cumin and hing).
- 2. Add 3 tablespoon of the mix to pan.
- 3. Roast the mixture till aroma arises.
- 4. Add 100 ml of lukewarm water to pan.
- 5. Stir it until there are no lumps, keep steering till you reach the desired consistency.
- 6. Fruit purees or vegetable purees must be added for enhancing taste.
- 7. Serve it lukewarm.
- 8. Use the mixture within 30 mins.
4 day rule :
If this is the 1st time you are serving this dish or introducing any other dish to your baby, then give it continuously for at least 4 days. Even if the baby pukes or gets loose motions for a couple of days. It is believed that babies take around 4 days to adjust with any new ingredient.
Choosing quality ingredients and cooking meals for your baby can be a daunting task specially for a new mother. But don’t let that come in between your child’s health. You may also click below and order from us. We get organic quality ingredients straight from farmers and cook in our studio kitchen, not in factories. We hate adding any artificial flavour, salt, sugar or preservatives. Just like how you would give it to your child.BUY SPROUTED RAGI MOONG MIX
The information below is required for social login
Create New Account