Quinoa Banana Mix | Age group - 10 months plus.
This gem from South America, has been heralded as a superior alternative to wheat and rice throughout the world.
Quinoa seeds have twice the protein content of wheat and barley. And its one of the very few alternatives for vegetarians to get Omega-3 fatty acid along with calcium, magnesium, several B vitamins, Vitamin E and dietary fibre.
Quinoa seeds are loved and consumed in various forms by adults but KinderCanteen, for the 1st time ever, brings Quinoa seeds for the babies as well.
Below is the recipe to prepare around 250 gms of Mix Dal.
- 1. 120 gms of quinoa
- 2. 120 gms of freeze dried banana
- 3. 4 cashew
- 5=4. 4 almonds
- 5. 4 cardamom
- 6. 1/4th teaspoon of fennel seeds
You would need a Dehydrating machine to dehydrate (drying the moisture) ingredients. We do not prefer sun drying as sun drying kills 50% of the nutrition value and changes taste. Dust can also sit on the grains if they are kept out for sun drying. If you do not have a dehydrating machine you can get it from online stores like amazon.
Method to prepare the mix:
- 1. Wash quinoa seeds throughly.
- 2. Put the quinoa in the dehydrator for about 3 to 4 hours at 55ºC.
- 3. Dry roast it in a nonstick pan til it separates from each other. Dry roast cumin, fennel, almonds, cashew, cardamom together.
- 4. Mix all the ingredients and let them Cool down to room temperature
- 5. Grind it to fine powder
- 6. Sieve the coarse particles to get a fine powder.
- 7. Store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
- 8. It can be stored at room temperature for 4 months if followed the directions correctly
- 1. Add 4 tablespoon of the mix in clean bowl. (do not use plastic bowl)
- 2. Add 100 ml of hot boiling water to it.
- 3. Mix it well till there are no lumps to it and you reach the desired consistency.
- 4. Cover it with a lid for 8 to 10 mins.
- 5. Fruit purees or vegetable purees must be added for enhancing taste.
- 6. Serve lukewarm
- 7. Use the mixture within 30 mins of preparation.
4 day rule :
If this is the 1st time you are serving this dish or introducing any other dish to your baby, then give it continuously for at least 4 days. Even if the baby pukes or gets loose motions for a couple of days. It is believed that babies take around 4 days to adjust with any new ingredient.
Choosing quality ingredients and cooking meals for your baby can be a daunting task specially for a new mother. But don’t let that come in between your child’s health. You may also click below and order from us. We get organic quality ingredients straight from farmers and cook in our studio kitchen, not in factories. We hate adding any artificial flavour, salt, sugar or preservatives. Just like how you would give it to your child.BUY Quinoa Banana Quickie