Age group - 6 months plus.
Makhana is probably the only food for babies with such high level of fibre along with potassium, magnesium, zinc, protein and carbohydrates. Despite such high level of nutrition, many mothers do not even know that they can give Makhana to their babies.
Due to high fibre content, it is considered as the best meal for digestion. And poor digestion or trapped gas in the tummy is the main reason many babies cry in night and can’t sleep. Makhana also helps in controlling loose motions and its easy to prepare at home.
Below is the recipe to prepare around 250 gms of Makhana.
- 1. 120 grams makhana
- 2. 120 grams freeze dried banana
- 3. 4 almonds
- 4. 4 cashew
- 5. 2 cardamom
- 6. 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds.
- 7. Fully Ripe banana (for 6 months baby - quarter of a big banana. And for 8 months plus baby - half of a big banana)
Method to prepare the mix:
- 1. Dry roast the Makhana (lotus seeds) in a nonstick pan till it becomes crispy.
- 2. Similarly, dry roast almond, cashew, cardamom and fennel seeds, all separately.
- 3. Let all the ingredients cool down to room temperature.
- 4. Mix them together and grind them to a fine powder.
- 5. Sieve it and store it in air tight container.
- 6. Store it in cool and dry place.
If you have used good quality and fresh ingredients, this mixture should last many months. But try not to use it after 2 months.
- 1. Add 4 teaspoon of the mix in clean bowl (Avoid plastic bowls).
- 2. Add 100ml of hot boiling water to it.
- 3. Stir it until there are no lumps and you reach the desired consistency.
- 4. Cover it with a lid for 8 to 10 mins.
- 5. Mash a fully ripe banana depending upon the baby’s age.
- 6. Serve it lukewarm.
- 7. Use the mixture within 30 mins of preparation.
4 day rule :
If this is the 1st time you are serving this dish or introducing any other dish to your baby, then give it continuously for at least 4 days. Even if the baby pukes or gets loose motions for a couple of days. It is believed that babies take around 4 days to adjust with any new ingredient.If this is the 1st time you are serving this dish or introducing any other dish to your baby, then give it continuously for at least 4 days. Even if the baby pukes or gets loose motions for a couple of days. It is believed that babies take around 4 days to adjust with any new ingredient.
Choosing quality ingredients and cooking meals for your baby can be a daunting task specially for a new mother. But don’t let that come in between your child’s health. You may also click below and order from us. We get organic quality ingredients straight from farmers and cook in our studio kitchen, not in factories. We hate adding any artificial flavour, salt, sugar or preservatives. Just like how you would give it to your child.BUY BANANA MAKHANA QUICKIE
The information below is required for social login
Create New Account